Flea Market Finds

I haven't been doing flea market find posts for a while, just because I didn't have time to go treasure hunting during the crazy holiday season. But today I have couple of things to show you.

Yesterday we went to visit relatives in Kouvola, which is around 40 km away from here and, of course, we couldn't resist visiting couple of local flea markets. There I found this beautiful hand-painted wooden jar with a lid. I assume that originally it's from Russia, but I could also be wrong. Now it lives on my shelf and is filled with small cotton yarn balls for crocheting.


Another find of the week is a brass thimble for my collection. I don't know how old it is, but I think it's old enough to go on the shelf with my other thimbles. I just liked its old look with a bit of patina and cute tiny dimples.


And the last, but not the least, is a beautiful pickle/olive fork. I've been looking for a perfect piece for ages. This one has very delicate double sided rose pattern and it's almost 19 cm long. It works perfectly with the rest of my silverware and I'm very happy about it.


If you'd like to see more of wonderful flea market finds, take a look at Sophie's blog.

Happy thrifting!

xo,

9 comments:

Annuk said...

Such wonderful finds, Jana :)! I love flea markets too! I love hunting for little treasures, sometimes you can find amazing things! And the fact they all have a story behind just fascinates me...

Helmitarha said...

Thank you, Anna! As you can see I also enjoy hunting for old treasures! I love things with history, and the quality is also very different from what you can get now.
I have couple of more great finds to show, but I'm gonna save them for next week. ;)

Unknown said...

You have the eye for perfect finds, Jana. Would love to vist a flea market with you. In Finland or here in Amsterdam and look together for some nice finds!
Thanks for sharing your new treasures!

nadine paduart said...

i like all of your finds, but i think i find your long fork the sweetest! i would not even try to resist when i would find it...

Helmitarha said...

Nancy, I'd love to go flea market shopping with you! But better in Amsterdam, as here finding something nice is a real challenge, because most of the places are filled with horrible trash.

Helmitarha said...

Thank you, Woolf, I also love the fork! It's quite big and in perfect condition!

inge said...

lucky you, so beautiful finds... enjoy them ! ;-)

Christina Lowry said...

Wonderful finds indeed. I am yet to find a thimble while thrifting. I have found some lovely ones at antique store, with a price tag to match. :)

Tatiana Z. said...

The jar has traditional Russian ornament so it probably is from Russia.

I like your finds and I just adore flea markets. I can't control myself there and I want to buy just about everything :)


up